Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cinquain



During these two weeks we learned about Cinquain in our Creative Writing Class. As I said before, poetry is not my talent or even interest. As a result I think that the class will be more difficult for me. However, it turns into the otherwise. It turns to be lots of fun!

First, we learn about Cinquain, I think this is the simplest kind of poetry. Theoretically, it should consist of 5 lines. There are some ways to make it, for example:


Pattern #1
Line1: One word
Line2: Two words
Line 3: Three words
Line 4: Four words
Line 5: One word

or

Pattern #2
Line1: A noun
Line2: Two adjectives
Line 3: Three -ing words
Line 4: A phrase
Line 5: Another word for the noun

or

Pattern #3
Line1: Two syllables
Line2: Four syllables
Line 3: Six syllables
Line 4: Eight syllables
Line 5: Two syllables
 
Secondly, we should look for a topic or a theme. For example: life, love, etc.
And this is what I've made for the Pattern 3
 
Memories
Stands still behind
Faithfully following me
Penetrates like acute cancer
it's me 
 
 
So what about to start making one by one?

No comments:

Post a Comment