Friday, May 18, 2012

Pecel

Today, well yesterday, decided to make this kind of dishes. It is my mom who actually requested it. So I hurriedly bought some vegetables, ingredients, and seasons, because I should have serve it for breakfast, and recently it always be highly hectic in my house in the mornings.

For your information, I rarely engaged to or take part in the kitchen activity. My mom does it all the time, or my sister sometimes. However, finally the time is coming for me to be in charge in household matter, or you can say cores. Honestly, it's kind of another achievement for me.

Back to Pecel, It can be said, or I name it a traditional "Javanese salad". You'll find vegetables and "sambal" or the spicy sauce. And, I decided to make my own "sambal", means I should grind all the ingredients such as fried peanuts, chilies, garlic, tamarind, slices of lime, and coconut sugar. Quite sweating, yet it's worth, although the peanuts are quite burnt. I did this kind of grinding "ulek" while boiling the vegetables. I have cabbages, sprouts, and "adas" instead of spinach, and my mom asked me to add tofu.

When the light in my rice cooker turn from "cook" into "warm" mode, means the rice is cooked, my dish is ready, as follows:


Also, we ate it with "rempeyek" or kind of little fish crackers that can be substituted with fried chicken, fried egg, etc.

Here is the recipe if you wanna try this kind of meal:

Ingredients:
  • 250 gram peanuts, fry 
  • 6 chilies (depends on your taste) 
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 3  leaves of lime (or the skin of lime)
  • 2 or 3 tamarinds
  • 1/4 tea spoon of dried prawn paste (terasi)
  • 300 ml water (boiled one, not necessarily hot)
  • salt and coconut sugar, according to your taste
How to make:
  • Boil each vegetables, separately, and drained.
  • Grind chillies, garlic, lime, tamarind, dried prawn paste. Add salt, grind until it mix well in smooth texture,after that add the peanuts and grind until they mix well smoothly. 
  • Cut the vegetables according to your taste (small is preferable), arrange it on the plate.
  • Take the grounded spicy sauce, add it with boiled water, pour it on the vegetables.
  • Voile, it is ready to be served :)


Happy cooking ^_^
 

No comments:

Post a Comment