Saturday, January 1, 2011

Imray came back



November 16, 2010

9th Journal
- Imray Came Back -
Rudyard Kippling
from “The Return of Imray”, 1891

This short story is included in the book “The Room in the Tower and Other Ghost Stories”. Yes, it is a ghost story. It has setting in India.
Actually I am not very fond of ghost stories. But I found there is also a mystery not merely a ghost story. It also tells about a murder. I was not so frightened when I was reading. It is almost the same when I read Agatha Christie’s works. The only scary part is when I read about a dangerous brown snake called “karait” in India. Snakes always scare me.
In fact, many people from various parts in the world do believe in ghost. Even in developed Western countries. And ghost stories are always famous. Moreover, in this story also tells that animal, such as dog, can sense the presence of ghost.
Again, I did not expect that the servant, Bahadur Khan, would be the murderer. Rather, I expect a different ending for this story. For example, it was one of Imray’s friends who was the murderer.


No comments:

Post a Comment