Tuesday, May 11, 2010

watching the rain drops

ever published in my former blog in http://intheend.blog.friendster.com/2008/10/203/




got stuck in the middle of my work thus i preferred drinking my coffee and walked closer to the window, to watch the rain was falling.

it always something about rain, maybe because i'm a rain girl  (i was born in november and i consider myself as a rain girl).

i don't wanna think about the other side of rain (especially the heavy ones), such as floods, muds,e tc.

in the moment like this i'd like to share some quotes about rain. hope you ever feel the same way when reading some of it, especially when raining is coming.


"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain” 


“Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear.”

 

 

 

 

 “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” 

(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow - 19th century American poet)

 

 

 

 

“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

 

 

  

 

“I love the rain. I want the feeling of it on my face.” (Katherine Mansfield - New Zealand writer)


“I’m singing in the rain, just singing in the rain; What a wonderful feeling, I’m happy again.” (Arthur Freed)


“And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” (G.K. Chesterton - English essayist, poet, novelist)


Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.
~ (Hosea Ballou)


 

 Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet (Roger Miller)

 

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. 

(Ashley Smith)

 

“In the rain the pavement shines like silver, all the lights are misty in the river, in the darkness, the trees are full of starlight.”



“Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” (Langston Hughes)

“Maybe I can’t stop the downpour, but I will always join you for a walk in the rain.”

“Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams, let it wash away my sanity, ’cause I wanna feel the thunder, I wanna scream, let the rain fall down I’m coming clean, I’m coming clean.”  
(Hilary Duff)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment